What Qualifies as a Dream Job?
- Living for a month on one of the San Juan Islands qualifies, especially if you are a confirmed high mountain desert person
- In this case, the opportunity to create a casual gem for anyone who loves sun, fog, seafood and water, and does not require room service
- Having free reign to design, but with specific parameters, goals, and budgets
- Working with clients of humor, generosity, defined tastes, appropriate resources for the job, and common sense
- Having clear input in every area of the project, construction, installation, as well as design
- Knowing that different people will get to love the space and the place
- Having time to explore the neighborhood and the area: riding ferries to the other islands, meeting the locals, and their wonderful food
- Finding fascinating resources that are not just “designer” resources
- Getting away from one’s own place and vernacular
- Learning to appreciate why the crew does not show up at 8AM when the whales are breaching, or crabbing has started
Dream Jobs given high priority!
Creating a small gem for anyone who loves sun and water—
an environment designed with pure fun in mind.